Monday, July 28, 2008

The Liar and The Whore

“What the hell is this?!?” The man shouted as he kicked open the bedroom door. A fist of papers was grasped in his hand as he stormed towards the bed. The form in the bed just rolled over and groaned towards the verbal assault. “Who the hell are you? I invite you into my life, I give you all that I have, but what for? You are nothing but a liar and a whore.”

“Your not talking any sense baby,” the form said from under the covers. “Come back to bed, I’m cold.”

“No! I want you out of my house and out of my life. I never want to see you again.” He yelled as he pulled the covers off of the bed.

“Why did you have to do that?” the girl asked as one hand rested on her naked stomach and the other rested under her head and pillow. “We had a good thing going. Why did you have to go and ruin it?”

“Who are you? These papers say that you aren’t the woman that I fell in love with.” He threw the papers at her in disgust. “I don’t want some sort of crook under my roof.”

She sighed as she withdrew her hand from under her head and beneath the pillow. Her heavy navel revolver was brought into view and roared to life. Fine red mists exploded from his body as shot after shot penetrated his body. His blood splattered across the room and covered her naked body as he fell to the floor. “Why did you have to ruin it,” she asked, “We had such a good thing going.”

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You're really on a role aren't you!?

    Keep up the good work! Your posts are fresh, short and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I enjoy posting short and sweet posts. I don't know about anyone else, but when I go to a website and see a long wall of text then my interest can drop off and I'll get bored and leave. I'm hoping that short posts will keep readers interested. I have some long stories in the works, but when I post those, it will be in several short posts over many days/weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the short thing.

    Great story - I was RIGHT THERE. LOVE the description. You are a talented writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. There is nothing like your positive comments for raising my spirts and drive. I'm glad that there are people out there that enjoy reading my work as much as I enjoy writing it. Once again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete