Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Sound of Nine Balls Breaking

Crash! An orb flew past my head and slammed into the wall. I turned and stared in disbelief.

“What the hell do you think you were doing last night?” She hollered at me as she snatched another one of my treasured snow-globes off the mantle.

“It’s ok honey-“ I tried to calm her down just as a second orb flew by me and embedded itself into the drywall beside me. “Calm down, please-“ A third and fourth came flying towards me as I dove behind the couch. Both showered broken glass, water, and a tiny house upon me. The flecks of snow slowly followed.

“I won’t calm down!” She hurled another at me, trying to arc it over the couch. “You’re the one screwing around behind my back!”

“What?” I managed to get out before the onslaught of another snow-globe and her sobbing yells.

“You know what you did last night!” Another globe crashed down. “Lipstick on your collar!” Crash! “Her scent on you!” Crash! “Your sleeping with her!” She reached for another Snow-globe but all nine had already been thrown. She collapsed to her knees sobbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment