Friday, March 02, 2007

Meet Vivid Girl

There I was, sitting in a coffee shop in the “arts district.” The wooden chair that I sat upon was growing hard. I shifted how I was sitting so that one ass cheek didn’t fall asleep before the other could.

My third cup of coffee sat before me on the wood table. Steam drifted above the rim before dissipating. Dissipating into nothingness. That’s what’s happening here.

I turned a page in my Scribner Anthology as I waited. Reading and rereading each line of poetry. Ingesting the full meaning of every line, every word.

Holding the book straight up, making sure the cover can be seen, I flip the page again. Where can she be? That girl I was supposed to meet, Vivid_Girl.

This is the last time I’ll agree to meet someone off the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment