Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sad Clown

“What do you mean I can’t have my third cheeseburger?!?” the disheveled man yelled at the register-jockey.

“I’m sorry, but we don’t allow substitutions.” The young girl timidly replied. Her eyes darted across the restaurant, looking for help, looking for a way out. “I wish I could do it for you but this register won’t let me.”

The customer grabbed the clear plastic box of charity donations and flung it against the wall. It exploded on impact, spare change rained down in a clatter. “I want my god damn third cheeseburger!”

Practically in tears the girl gave in. She grabbed the cheeseburgers and thrust them at the customer, not even bothering to ring up the order. He grunted as he snatched the burgers out of her hands. On his way out of the restaurant he took out the last of his frustrations on the plastic clown mascot, leaving it knocked over in the bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment