Friday, February 23, 2007

The Light Switch Broke

My eyes were heavy with sleep as I stumbled through another day at work. My body was on autopilot, I no longer had any control over my actions. They days ran into weeks as my lack of sleep was mounting.

What caused this fall to a zombified state? I’m glad you asked. It’s kind of a funny story really. At least it would be if you were not me.

One night, only god knows how long ago, I reached for my light switch to turn off my lights for the evening, but nothing happened. I flipped the switch on and off, on and off; but the lights just wouldn’t go out.

I tried everything to get those lights to turn off, but nothing worked. It was like a divine curse, causing me to pay for all my sins, and all the sins of my past lives.

I pray to god that some day the lights in my house will go out. But until I am wrapped in the loving hands of darkness I am cursed to suffer in that ever illuminated hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment