Friday, January 13, 2012

Rubber



Rubber
By: James Dubeau

I know I haven’t been keeping up on posting workout updates like I said I would but life just got in the way over the past two weeks. Yeah. That is it. So I might as well dive in.

For the last week or so I’ve started seeing my trainer. He sure does know how to kick my ass. On Monday I did an upper body day and my arms stayed sore all the way to Friday. Wednesday was a leg set which I feel I did somewhat well. Today was another upper body day and now my arms feel like rubber.

There was one exercise that really got me, a series of push-ups. Using a bar I would do as many as I could with my arms wide apart, then narrow, and finally close together. Each type was done until I failed. After finish all three types the bar was raised six inches and I had to do it again. This went on until I was pretty much just standing. At the end I was asked to do as many normal pushups as I could on the ground. I never made it. My arms gave out and I just fell over.

So now here I am two hours later wishing that I could work on some short stories but I can’t because my arms feel like rubber. I’m sure I’ll be sore in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment