Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Your Court

Your Court
By: James Dubeau

Little green ball
Tossed from my hand
Reaching high
For the sky
Before plummeting back
Thwack
My racket sings
Through the air
Impacting upon
The fuzzy orb
Sending it hurtling
Away from me
With all my pent up
Rage
Hopes
Fears
Thoughts
Dreams
Into the hard realities
Of wooden walls
Thump
Rebounding now
The little planetoid
Returns to me
What that I had
Sent away
Thwack
Goes my racket again
Doubling my force
Doubling my effort
Thump
The ball returns
With heated fervor
Thwack
Thump
Thwack
Thump
Swish
Racket swings wide
Letting the ball
Get away
From me
From my racket
From my repeated bashing
But now I am ready
To get underway
With a grin
I pickup the ball
And flick it
Across the net
Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment