Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I'm Sorry

I’m Sorry
By: James Dubeau

I’m sorry
For taking
So much time
Away
From my writing
Unfortunately
Most of us
Know exactly
How things are
In this day
And age
Work
Can be
All consuming
Beast
That devours
Time
And energy
Now
Take that creature
Double its size
Fore
Double headed
Double job
Work day
Runs
Eight
In the morning
To
Eleven at night
Doing its best
Reducing
The few
Fleeting
Moments
Away from the toil
To be moments
Where relaxation
Is in order
If you add
The need to eat
And the desire
To sleep
Those days
Amount of free time
Is reduced
To
Next to nothing
Looking
At a computer screen
For
A good chunk
Of my work day
Means
The last thing
I want to do
Is stare
At a computer screen
Some more
Even
If it is
For something
Fun
The act of doing
The same repetitive motions
Again
And
Again
And
Again
Is enough
To drive a man
Insane
So
What I’m getting at
Is this
I’m sorry
For not updating
The stories
And
The poems
Which have been
Promised to
You and me
For this
I
Must atone
And resume
Writing
Posting
Even if it means
Nothing
But haikus
Three
Times
A
Week
Hopefully
This shall be
Satisfactory
In moving forward
As for right now
All that I can say
Is
Thank you
And please
Keep reading

No comments:

Post a Comment