Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Absent Slumber

Absent Slumber
By: James Dubeau

The sun
The moon
The stars
Twisting and turning
Around this ball
This little blue ball
As I lay awake
Sleep eluding me
Down through the thickets
Around the old oak trees
Hiding in the deep grass
Hounds of slumber run
Through the wooded grove
Chasing the dream givers
My mind racing out
Following the beasts
Dodging around foliage
Skipping over rocks
Dashing across a shallow stream
Preventing me from rest
The forty winks I so deserve
While I hover
In the darkness
Amid one long day
And the next

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I totally know what that feels like! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.... the first two lines reminds me of a song.

    The Chinese believe there's a god of everything.
    A god of the sun, the moon, the wind and rain.
    It's hard to believe and it may sound absurd.
    But the Chinese have a patron saint of bean curd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *WARNING*
    DO NOT READ DAVID'S COMMENT ABOVE! DO NOT SEE "MY NAME IS BRUCE"! THAT SONG WILL BE STUCK IN YOUR HEAD FOR DAYS!
    *WARNING*

    ReplyDelete