Monday, August 30, 2010

Dear Muse

Dear Muse
By: James Dubeau

Dear Muse
How can I
Be inspired
When you torment me so
With that smile
And twinkle in your eye
Every time we meet
You leave me
Battered and bruised
My weary fingers
Cannot grasp a pen
It trips and falls
Before making a scratch
But your mark is there
Handprints upon the wall
A sign of the times
We had together
Marks that should
That could
That would
Wake me from this
Weary slumber
Shake cobwebs
From heavy eyes
Guide my hand
Across the page
Letting loose
Torrents of black
Upon the sea of white
An uninterrupted river
Of consciousness
Instilled by
Fiery passions
Which burn
Long and deep
Feeding me
Providing strength
Until I lapse
Needing you again
So my muse
This I must ask
Please
Leave me some vigor
Let me achieve
A full night sleep
For once
So that I may
Regain that
Which I had lost
My sanity
My mind
Drumming up poetry
And stories
For you
For me
For any that read

No comments:

Post a Comment